Want something super simple and really fast to make for dinner? Does your family love Mexican as much as mine? If yes to both, then this Keto taco bake is perfect for you!
There are only five ingredients, it takes longer for the oven to preheat than it does for you to put the casserole together, and it’s done after only 20 minutes in the oven. Super fast, extremely simple, and really, really good!
You probably don’t even have to make a special trip to the store for these ingredients. All you need is ground beef (or venison), cottage cheese, taco seasoning (make sure it’s gluten and sugar-free for Keto, or make it yourself), salsa and shredded cheese.
Cottage cheese may be the head-scratching ingredient here, but just trust me on this. I served this dish before telling anyone what was in it, and all I heard were raves. Cream cheese is normally the go-to creamy ingredient in most Keto casserole dishes, but cottage cheese provides a creamy taste without being as thick. Cream cheese is perfect for dips, but cottage cheese is the winner in this dish.
First you have to brown the beef or venison. Then add in the cottage cheese, taco seasoning and salsa and combine well. Pour all of that into a baking dish and top with cheese. Then just bake it for 20 minutes and dinner is ready!
I not only love how super easy this recipe is, but how delicious it is as well. You will not hear any complaints at the dinner table when this taco bake is served!
Keto Taco Bake
- 2 lbs ground beef or venison
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef or venison on medium heat and drain the fat.
- Turn off the heat and mix the cottage cheese, taco seasoning and salsa into the ground meat.
- Pour your mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.