If you have little ones ready to start learning how to read, then RUN and grab this free app right now!
Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading game that kids actually want to play. It was created by a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation, so you know it has great backing.
Here’s what the app says about Teach Your Monster to Read:
“Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games – meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
• Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
• Designed in collaboration with leading academics and game designers.
• Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
• Suitable for school and home use.
• Includes all 3 games! First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader!”
I actually downloaded this app for my daughter several months ago when it was first offered for free, and it has been the absolute best app to help her with letter sounds, blends and spelling. She loves playing it and has no idea how much she really is learning.