Tonight’s dinner is probably one of the most requested dinners from my kids. Who doesn’t love a good cheeseburger? Not anyone under this roof, that’s for sure. But instead of just making burgers, I’ve jazzed it up a bit and simplified the whole cooking process. With this delicious cheeseburger casserole, the active cooking time is significantly less than cooking actual burgers – less work and still all the taste!
This process doesn’t get much easier. You brown the meat with a little garlic and onion, top it with cheese and then top that with an egg mixture. The whole thing gets baked for 30 minutes and then you can dig in!
This casserole can be whipped this up a few days in advance if you need something quick to pop in the oven for dinner one night. You can also throw in a little crumbled bacon for some extra yumminess.
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef or venison
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup homemade avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or half & half
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef or venison with the garlic, onion and salt & pepper.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the diced pickles.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream or half & half, and homemade avocado oil mayonnaise, making sure to blend well.
- Fill the bottom of a large casserole dish with the ground beef mixture. Top the beef with shredded cheddar cheese and them pour the egg mixture over the whole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven, until the top has browned and is set.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!