One of the easiest dinners for our family is breakfast. There are so many different combinations of what you could make that you aren’t repeating the same thing even though it’s all “breakfast” food.
A super easy and crowd pleasing option that I’ve recently added into our regular rotation is Breakfast Lasagna. It combines eggs with sausage gravy, ham and cheese; what’s not to love?
I’ve even thought about making it into a pizza-ish dish by putting fathead dough on the bottom, but that’s an idea I haven’t yet made happen. In theory it should work since biscuits go so well with sausage gravy and eggs.
So you start out by browning some breakfast sausage. Once browned, mix in cream cheese and bone broth and allow to simmer until it thickens.
While the sauce is thickening, soft scramble your eggs. They don’t have to be completely cooked because they’re going into the oven to bake more.
Once the sauce and eggs are done, start putting everything together. I use a 9 x 11 baking dish and start my layering with the sauce, then eggs, then ham and top with cheese. I do these layers 3 times and then pop it in the oven for about 25 minutes. Super duper easy!
- 11 eggs
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup beef bone broth
- 8 oz diced ham
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brown the sausage in a large pan.
- Add the cream cheese and beef bone broth to the sausage and mix well. Let the mixture simmer until it has thickened a bit. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Soft scramble the eggs. They will be cooked further in the oven, so they do not have to be scrambled all the way.
- In either an 8×8 or 9×11 baking dish begin layering your ingredients. First 1/3 of the sausage cream, second 1/3 of the scrambled eggs, third 1/3 of the diced ham, and then shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat with two more layers finishing with the mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.