My family LOVES pizza. Honestly, who doesn’t? But pizza takes a little more work since we don’t eat grains. We do make fathead pizza on a regular basis, but sometimes I really want something a little easier to make that I know they’ll love just as much.
So every once in a while I change things up and make pizza waffles. It’s essentially the same idea and ingredients, but it’s on the table faster and doesn’t require heating up the oven.
Just like fathead dough, you melt Mozzerella, cream cheese and coconut flour until it’s mixed well. Add in baking powder, eggs and whatever spices you’d like and you’re ready to go.
Take some of the dough and flatten it out a bit and place it on the preheated waffle maker. My waffle maker makes four square waffles at a time, so I flatten dough pieces that are smaller than traditional-sized waffles. Top with pepperoni or sausage or anything you’d like and close the the waffle maker.
Once it’s done, remove the waffles and continue with the remaining dough. I was able to make 24 individual waffles, but your final count will depend on the size of your waffle maker and how much dough you use for each one.
These are always a big hit! I serve pizza waffles with marinara sauce for dipping, but they’d also be delicious with a garlic butter or pesto. These would also make great party appetizers by cutting them in strips or bites and having several different dippable sauces.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
Keto Pizza Waffles
- 5 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- garlic powder, pink Himalayan salt, oregano and Italian seasoning to taste
- pepperoni slices
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Mix together the Mozzarella, cream cheese and almond flour in a large glass bowl.
- Microwave for one minute, stir together, and microwave another 30 seconds, or until the cheeses are melted and form a nice dough.
- Add in the eggs garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning and salt and then mix, mix, mix. The dough will be sticky and look like it won’t come together, but it will after a couple minutes.
- Once the dough is well combined, form 2-inch balls and then flatten with your hands. Place the flattened dough in the center of the waffle iron and top with pepperoni slices (I use 2 slices on each waffle. My waffle maker makes 4 square waffles at a time, so adjust the dough to your waffle maker pattern.)
- Wait until the waffle maker signals that it’s done and remove your waffles. Repeat until all of the dough has been cooked.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. These are also really good paired with pesto or garlic butter. Enjoy!